To ensure Newquay Town Council operates as a professional, competent, and caring organisation that manages its assets, finances and human resources efficiently.
Works in partnership with other organisations to seek appropriate investment and to ensure cost effective and high-quality services that reflect the standards expected from a Gold Status Quality Council, are provided to those that live work and visit Newquay.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory and legal obligations.
- Financial & budgetary management and monitoring.
- Scrutiny and audit of Town Council practices.
- Development of strategies, policies, procedures and best practice
guidelines to maximise the organisation’s effectiveness.
- Negotiation and implementation of localism and devolution issues to
ensure where appropriate services and facilities are locally managed.
- Monitoring of the Council’s performance.
- Planning of financial and staffing resources.
There are two sub committees that assist the Governance and Resources Committee HUMAN RESOURCES SUB-COMMITTEE AND LEGAL & REGULATORY SUB-COMMITTEE